Saturday 27 October 2012

BLOGGER'S QUILT FESTIVAL


Hello! I am entering one of my quilts to the Blogger's Quilt Festival 
Click on the image to know more about it, maybe you'd like to enter one of your quilts
or see other quilter's beautiful work!

Hola! participo al Blogger's Quilt Festival amb un dels meus quilts!
cliqueu a la imatge per saber-ne una mica mes.






This is a baby quilt I made for a friend's nephew.
I call it Wonky Squares, but maybe I should call it "First Timer", 
as it was the first time I used solids and the first time I used my new triangular ruler...

I had this charm pack of solids stashed and waiting to be used for some special occasion.
I wasn't sure how to use it and when I got that ruler, I simply followed one of the 
suggestions they give you in the packaging...wonky squares...

Once the top was pieced, I didn't want to mess it up with the quilting.
I thought the best thing would be to enhance the whole composition,
quilting all around the squares in a zig-zag way. 

So here is my

Wonky Squares Baby Quilt

entering three categories:

BABY QUILT

HOME MACHINE QUILTED QUILT

THROW QUILT

pieced and quilted by 

Irina De Juan

measurements: 43" x 37"

the finished product

a closer look

detail of the zig-zag quilting


Top finished. Ready to be quilted.

In the process of adding the binding...

Now wish me good luck,
vote for your favorite ones between the 5th and 8th of November
so
 click on the image above to see other quilter's work.
A treat for your eyes!

............................................................................................

Aquest quilt el vaig fer per al nebot d'una amiga.
L'he titolat Wonky Squares (quadres torc,ats), pero potser l'hauria
d'haver anomenat "Primerenc". 
Era la primera vegada que utilitzava teles llises i la primera
vegada que utilitzava un regle triangular.

Tenia la tela guardada, esperant a ser protagonista i al final 
vaig seguir un dels suggeriments que et donaven 
les instrucciones del regle.

Un cop el top estava acabat, no volia pifiar-la amb l'encoixinat.
Vaig optar per anar reseguint els quadres a la part exterior, fent ziga-zaga
i fent resaltar tota la composicio.

L'entro en tres categories:

Quilts per Bebes

Quilts encoixinats a maquina a casa

Quilt de Falda

medeix 43"x 37"

desitjeu-me sort i voteu els vostres quilts preferits del 5 al 8 de Novembre,
 cliqueu a la imatge de dalt i veure les altres entrades!








14 comments:

  1. I love this pattern. Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the secondary shapes the white spaces make between the colored squares. Fun quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! The tilted squares are great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cute! Love the movement created by the setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I love it...and the quilting is really works with the design. Well done and good luck. ...I'm also eying off your lovely sewing room....Where did you get that lovely big table?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      That table used to be our dining table, purchased in Ikea. I've tried to look for the link but it seems they don't sell it anymore...

      Delete
  6. Hi! I'm so happy to see your beautiful quilt! I have also a charm pack with solids waiting for a special work. I would love to look them on a quilt like yours! Thank you for inspiration! White is perect for the background and your quilting is great! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  7. So great! The quilting adds so much

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you all for your comments!
    for some reason I'm not able to reply to you by email... so I'll do it here.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Irina this really is beautiful. I love baby quilts that mimic a rainbow and your quilting is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Irina, te ha quedado precioso, te deseamos mucha suerte.
    Un beso.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Perfect babyquilt , so cheerful !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your quilt's colors and the tilted squares. Great choice for quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like it very much. Thank you for describing how to make it. My triangular ruler is on its way to me.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments! M'agraden els vestries comentaris!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...